- 1 cup Bean Sprout
- 250 gr Spinach (chopped)
- 1 pcs Cucumber (medium size, chopped into small slice)
- 100 gr Long Bean (chopped into 3 cm)
- 150 gr Cabbage or chicory (chopped)
- 2 pcs Steamed Potatoes (big size, chopped into 4 parts/pcs)
- 1 pcs Tofu (around 400 gr, cubed)
- 1 pcs Tempeh (around 400gr, cubed)
- 4 pcs Boiled Eggs
- Roasted Onions (optional)
- Crackers (prawn or garlic) (optional)
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce:
- 100 gr Roasted Peanuts (unsalted)
- 100 gr Roasted Cashews (unsalted)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 pcs Bird's eye chili
- 1 tbsp Tamarind
- 600 ml Coconut Milk (this time i used Almond Milk)
- 4 pcs Kaffir lime leaves
- 50 gr Palm sugar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Soy sauce
- 1 pcs Lime
- a pinch of Salt
- Heat the pan and add a bit of oil. Saute garlic and chili until fragant for about 3 minutes. Blend the Roasted Peanuts, Roasted Cashews, garlic, Bird's eye chili and coconut milk using food processor until the texture smooth.
- Heat the sauce pan and add a bit of oil. Add the peanut sauce mixture, Tamarind, Kaffir lime leaves, Palm sugar, Sweet Soy sauce, Lime and a pinch of salt. Stir well until it boils and thickens. Set aside
- Blanch all of the vegetables except cucumber. Make sure not too long so the vegetables are still fresh and crunchy. Set aside
- Heat the pan and add oil, fry tempeh and tofu but don't let it get too crispy. Set aside
- Place all of the vegetables and steamed potatoes on a plate or bowl.
- Add tofu and tempeh on top of the vegetables.
- Pour peanut sauce on top and then Sprinkle with roasted onions.
- Add egg and Crackers on top of it.Your Indonesian salad is ready to be enjoyed!