Japanese Curry with Chicken Katsu
Japanese Curry with Chicken Katsu Japanese Curry with Chicken Katsu
Ingredients for Japanese Curry:
- 4 Blocks Japanese Curry paste (recommended brand: Golden Curry)
- 1 pcs big carrot (cut into cubes)
- 1 pcs big potato (cut into cubes)
- 250 gr small Champignons
- 800 ml water
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 pcs onion (chopped into small pieces)
- 4 pcs smoked beef
- 1 tsp Beef Powder
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- a pinch of Salt
Ingredients for Chicken Katsu:
- 2 pcs Chicken Breast (fillet)
- 150 gr Bread Crumbs
- 100 gr All purpose flour
- 1 pcs egg (add a pinch of salt and whisk it)
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 1,5 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 300 ml cooking oil
Instructions for Japanese Curry:
- Heat the pot and add oil. Saute the garlics and onion until fragant.
- Add smoked beef and stir until brown.
- Add carrots and potatoes and stir until slightly brown.
- Add champignons and stir until cooked.
- Add water and Japanese curry paste blocks. Cook until boiling.
- Add beef powder, sugar, white pepper and salt. Taste and correct the taste if necessary.
Instructions for Chicken Katsu:
- Slice the chicken breast in the middle or halfway without cutting its both ends and open it. It will look like a butterfly.
- Thin the chicken breast using meat tenderizer or mortar and pistil
- Seasoning the chicken breast with salt, white pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder and paprika powder. Rub all over the chicken breast. Marinated for 30 minutes. Set aside
- Place bread crumbs, flour and egg in seperate bowl or plate.
- Place the chicken breast into flour and rub evenly. Then place it into egg until all sides are covered. Finally place it into bread crumbs, rub it gently and make sure all sides are covered it.
- Heat the pan and add the oil. Deep fry the chicken breast until golden brown.
- Put rice into bowl or plate.
- Add japanese curry on one side
- Add omelete (optional) on other side
- Place the chicken katsu on the omeleteThe magic bowl is ready to serve, Enjoy it!